One of the most popular fat burners l-carnitine is a cause for constant debate. On the one hand it has a devastating effect on the subcutaneous fat, on the other hand it has a lot of contraindications and side effects is extremely undesirable.
How does L-carnitine?
Action l-carnitine is its active participation in metabolic processes. The fact is that it promotes the release of energy from fat reserves. It is this and achieved a slimming effect.
It is believed that supplementation with this substance will effect only if it lacks body. If you get a sufficient amount of its food, the effect may not be.
What foods contain carnitine?
According to recent data, the recommended rate for adults is 300 mg per day, and for persons under 18 years - from 100 to 300 mg. Get it from the food easily (the number indicates the number of carnitine per 100 grams):
- ground beef - 94 mg;
- beef steak - 95 mg;
- bacon - 23.3 mg;
- pork - 27.7 mg;
- ice cream - 3.7 mg;
- chicken breast - 3.9 mg;
- whole milk - 3.3 mg;
- cod - 5.6 mg;
- Asparagus - 0.195 mg;
- pasta - 0.126 mg;
- white bread - 0.147 mg;
- rice (cooked) - 0.0449 mg;
- peanut butter - 0.083 mg;
- eggs - 0.0121 mg;
- orange juice - 0.0019 mg.
Of course, in this form L-carnitine can not bring harm, unlike its counterpart, which can be purchased as a BUD the pharmacy or store sports nutrition.
The list of contraindications L-carnitine is important to comply strictly, otherwise you run the risk of harm to your body:
- an allergy to any type of dietary protein (eg, dairy products, eggs or wheat);
- the possibility of the wrong period, poor nutrition;
- pregnancy - both come, and planned;
- thyroid disease;
- oncological diseases;
- renal failure;
Moreover, the danger can be active and side effects. If you become ill after taking the supplement, from it should be abandoned.
L-carnitine: side effects
Side effects of l-carnitine may be varying degrees of intensity. For example, a slight and temporary side effects include researchers the following phenomena:
- various options for indigestion;
- profuse sweating;
- unpleasant smell of sweat, urine, or breath;
- excessive, exhausting activity after administration of the drug;
Many people who take this substance, faced with these adverse events at some time, and then cease the symptoms. If you have a few days keep these side effects from taking the drug should refuse.
In more serious cases should immediately abandon carnitine. Especially if you watch yourself, or you indicate surrounding the following symptoms:
- the risk of anorexia nervosa;
- various eating disorders;
- incoherence of speech or confusion of thought;
- aggressive behavior;
- rash or hives of unknown genesis;
- non-standard behavior (appetite for risk, etc.);
- swelling of the mouth, throat;
- shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
Immediately it should be noted that l-carnitine harm in the form of serious side effects often bring those who violate the dosage properly fed, ignores the list of contraindications. In other cases, the risk of serious consequences is not too big.