Terrine of rabbit
Initially terrine - French cuisine such as pudding or baked pate. Name of the dish comes from the eponymous name specifically rectangular elongated refractory shapes for baking with a lid. The form is filled with a mass of non-uniform texture. There are recipes for terrines of meat, fish, vegetables and even sweet.
To prepare the mass of which is baked terrine, food is ground into mince or cut into pieces, small thin slices. Most interesting texture is obtained with a combination of minced meat with slices. The ground beef and other products may be added in addition to the main product, and spices. Once the form filled up to the top of the initial weight, the contents of tightly pressed against the lid and place the baking dish on the rack in the preheated oven, on the lower level (under the grille) put the pan with water. Ready terrine is first cooled and then cut into slices and serve with bread.
How to prepare rabbit terrine with pistachios and mushrooms?
- rabbit fillet - 500-600 g;
- fresh white mushrooms - 200-300 g;
- pork bacon or bacon - 200 g;
- pistachios - about 80-100 g;
- Onions - 1 pc .;
- dry ground spices (grated nutmeg, black pepper and allspice, coriander);
- marinated or pickled cornichons (gherkins) - 3-5 pieces. (Depending on size);
- olives, pitted (young green) - about 12-15 pcs .;
- chicken egg - 2-3 pcs.
- brandy or white wine (muscatel, vermouth, sherry) - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- Fresh herbs are different (parsley, basil, cilantro);
- Garlic - 2-3 cloves;
- wheat flour;
- oil or fat for frying and for the lubrication of the form.
Mushrooms shall cut too finely, the onion - finely and bacon - short thin strips across the layers. Lightly fry or spasseruem onions in a frying pan, add the bacon and mushrooms and boil for some time together on low heat with the addition of wine, stirring occasionally, covered with a lid, for 20 minutes.
Rabbit meat through a meat grinder with an average nozzle. Pistachio chopped with a knife not too finely. Pickled cucumbers and olives we shall cut into circles.
Mix the onion-mushroom mixture with the minced rabbit meat. Add sliced cucumbers and olives, and
We put in the form of a lattice in the heated oven. We put on the water-pan bottom level. Bake for 1.5-2 hours at a temperature of about 160-180 degrees C. Ready terrine Let cool and cut into slices. Serve with fresh herbs, you can garnish (potatoes, beans), vegetable salads.