The pool and dry skin - diving without consequences
Swimming - it is one of the few sports that allows simultaneous use all the muscles of the human body. Especially useful for the swimming pool for people with various diseases of the musculoskeletal system, spine and joints. But there is a serious lack of such physical exertion: chlorinated water detrimental effect on the skin, especially the dry type.Why is strongly dries the skin after the pool?
Due to the fact that the swimming pool is a public place, you must take good care of disinfection as the water and the surrounding surfaces. For this purpose, various types of cleaning solutions, most of which is contained in high concentration chlorine. Even if the pool water is disinfected by UV or ultrasound, ionization, fluorine, ozone, it still chlorine compounds are added as they are most effective in combating bacteria. When interacting with the molecules of the liquid components such form acid, affecting the skin. In addition, chlorine in pure form dissolves the protective fat layer, secreted by the pores, causing dehydration, irritation and flaking of the skin.How to protect your skin from chlorine?
The situation is aggravated by the fact that before swimming in the necessarily personal hygiene pool. Thus, the skin gets a "double whammy": the chlorinated water in the shower and a concentrated solution during the race.
To protect the person from the negative effects of exposure to chlorinated compounds, it is necessary:
- Remove all cosmetics from the skin, as its interaction with water in the pool can cause allergies.
- Before diving does not apply any creams on your face.
- Be sure to use special glasses to avoid irritation of the mucous membranes. It is also recommended to use nose clip.
- After the final rinse in the shower to lubricate the skin moisturizing cream or milk.
In addition, you need to take care of the body:
- Before coming to the pool, for about 1.5-2 hours, put on your skin light moisturizer with nutrients.
- Just before swimming during washing to use hygienic means with a neutral value ph.
- After classes and making sure to lubricate the soul body intensely moisturizing cream or jelly, also perfect nutritious oil, such as shea (karite) or jojoba oil with vitamins A and E.
- If there are any cuts, abrasions or open wounds should be their seal waterproof tape.
It is also important to take care of the pool after the skin of the lips, mouth because, one way or another, in contact with water. You should always carry a nourishing balm, chapstick with vitamins A, B (panthenol) and E.How to protect your scalp from the chlorinated water?
Visiting a pool we can not forget about the hair, the more so that the owners of a dry skin of the body are affected by similar problems with the skin on the head. The solution lies in observing a few rules:
- Be sure to wear a hat (or silicone rubber) for swimming, and it is important that it is possible close to the head.
- After a swim to wash your hair with a mild shampoo without parabens and dyes containing moisturizing ingredients and nourishing oils.
- It is advisable to use an indelible lotion or balm.
- Do not immediately after the pool and do blow-drying or styling utjuzhkom curling.
- Two or three times a week to rub into the scalp a cosmetic vegetable oil (burdock, olive oil), and apply the mask.