Why and how to treat sore toe heels?
toe heels are a unique shock absorbers, protecting the whole bone of the lower extremities, as well as musculo-ligamentous apparatus. Due to their structure, they can withstand tremendous load, and pressure of body weight during walking and running. Calcaneus - the largest of the bones of the foot, it is soft, spongy, is surrounded by a fatty layer and passes through a blood vessels and nerves, including those leading to other parts of the foot. From the calcaneus moves Achilles (Achilles) tendon that connects it with the gastrocnemius muscle and ensuring mobility of the ankle.
Why can hurt toe heels?
The feeling of heel pain in women is most often caused by excessive loads on the legs, as well as the use of inappropriate footwear (with improper shoe, lift, insole, etc.), high-heeled shoes. This is especially familiar to people who due to professional activity have to walk a lot or stand for a long time. Most susceptible to heel pain those who have flat feet . As a rule, these factors may explain why sore feet heel when walking, and at the end of the working day.
Also, the pain may be due to trauma to the heel. This can be a bruise or fracture or fracture of the heel bone, tendon rupture or stretching. Injury is most often associated with a bad landing from a jump, walking along the nerve surfaces, various sports. But if the pain persists after the rest, and traumatic factors are excluded, to understand why the sore heel on the right or left foot, and how to treat it, not so easy. To do this, consult a specialist.
Consider the most common diseases that can affect the heel and cause pain:
- Plantar fasciitis ( "calcaneal spur") - an inflammation of the plantar fascia - a flat ligament that connects the heel bone to the base of the fingers. This is a common reason why sore heel legs in the morning. Called disease exorbitant regular stretching and loads causing microdamages ligament.
- Tendinitis Achilles tendon - degenerative and inflammatory process affecting the ligament tissue, arising from undue stress or associated with a decrease in the elasticity of the connective tissue.
- Osteochondropathy tuberosity of the calcaneus - necrosis of the calcaneal tuberosity. It is assumed that the pathology associated with cardiovascular and metabolic disorders.
- Achilles bursitis - acute inflammation of periarticular bag and the adjacent area. It provokes the disease as a physical exercise, and infections.
- Tarsal syndrome - neuropathy, at which the compression of the tibial nerve at the ankle.
- Compression neuropathy, plantar nerve - compression of the sole of the nerves leading to the fingers, often caused by wearing tight shoes with high heels.
Also, heel pain can be associated with various systemic diseases, leading to the defeat of the bones and joints of feet:
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- ankylosing spondylitis ;
- bone tuberculosis, etc..
Not figure out why sore feet heel, do not self-treat, including folk remedies. Incorrectly selected therapy may not only give positive results, but also lead to the progression of the underlying disease, provoking pain. As a general rule, to treat the majority of pathologies that cause this symptom are applied drug treatments, which combine with physical therapy, massage, physiotherapy, wearing orthopedic shoes.