Hyperkeratosis stop - it is a skin pathology, in which there is excessive growth, thickening and disruption of the stratum corneum desquamation of the plantar surface of the foot. This disease often do not pay enough attention and relates to a cosmetic defects. However, if untreated, may soon develop complications, among which - the pain while walking, bleeding cracks and sores, solid (root) corn. Therefore, you must promptly seek medical attention for symptoms of hyperkeratosis feet and initiate treatments.
Symptoms hyperkeratosis feet
Signs hyperkeratosis following:
- thickening of the horny layer on the entire surface or individual sections of the stop which reaches 3.1 cm;
- Excessive dryness of the skin of the feet;
- the appearance of the feet calluses, corns, cracks.
Reasons hyperkeratosis feet
Factors that trigger the development of hyperkeratosis feet, divided into two groups: endogenous and exogenous. The last - the factors acting from the outside. These include:
- Excessive pressure on the foot areas, leading to an increased division of skin cells, resulting in the old cells do not have time to peel naturally (this may be due to wearing tight or, conversely, a large-sized, worn-shoes).
- Overweight or high growth, which also leads to increased pressure on the foot.
- Congenital and acquired deformities of the foot ( flat feet , clubfoot, foot changes after injuries and operations), resulting in pressure on different parts of the foot is different, there are high-pressure zone (as often occurs hyperkeratosis heel, the outer or inner edge of the foot).
- Lifestyle or work related to the constant walking.
Endogenous or internal causes of hyperkeratosis feet - a variety of diseases, leading to disruption of metabolic processes, deterioration of trophic and circulatory tissues causing skin dryness and roughness. Here are the most common endogenous factors:
- seborrheic dermatitis;
- fungal skin lesions;
The risk of onset and progression of hyperkeratosis increases when combined internal and external causes.
Treatment of hyperkeratosis feet
If the hyperkeratosis is caused by a pathology, treatment should begin with the elimination of the root causes. Cure geperkeratoza brake engaged, chiropodists, doctors, dermatologists or cosmetologists. Symptomatic therapy, which consists in regular procedures, medical pedicure (about once a month).
During the procedure, carried out stops processing disinfectants, special means for softening the stratum corneum. After that the surface treatment of the feet hardware by using different nozzles with further polishing and application of moisturizing and nourishing agents.
It is worth remembering that when this issue is recommended to replace the usual orthopedic shoes, especially for people who lead an active lifestyle. In an extreme case it is possible to use orthotics. You should also stick to a rational diet, monitor the body weight.
Treatment of hyperkeratosis stop folk remedies
The home should be a daily care for the skin stop using drugs mitigating actions. Effectively
- Dissolve in two liters of warm water two tablespoons of baking soda.
- Add three tablespoons of ammonia and 3-4 drops of ylang-ylang .
- Duration of treatment - 15 minutes.
Also it recommends daily use of a pumice stone to remove rough skin.