How to protect your lips from wind and frost?
The skin of the lips is one of the most delicate and sensitive areas of the face. Unfortunately, however, it often suffers from the negative impact of weather conditions. Especially this problem is acute in winter, the cold season, when the lips are not only weather-beaten, but also supercooled, which leads to cracking, peeling and skin bleeding.Why lips look bad?
Abrasions appear on the lips, cracks and small wounds, mainly due to cell dehydration, lack of nutrients and vitamins, especially A, B and E, to the skin. Another reason may be the frequent licking, obkusyvaniya lips. It should be noted that the saliva - it is a liquid, which is part of the digestive process, it comprises a number of acids that contribute to softening food. So when she gets on the delicate and thin skin of the lips, the saliva erodes the upper layer of the epidermis, stimulates chapping.What can be done at home?
Even constantly being in the room or at home, you should also take care of your lips. If there is even the slightest damage, you must use special wound-healing ointment or cream with a high concentration of vitamin B (panthenol, dexpanthenol). Moreover, it should be applied to the lips nourishing emollient agent with vitamin A and E. Very often, for this purpose conventional capsule Aevitum apply: they pierced with a needle and smeared the contents of the lips. Heavily damaged and cracked lips are in need of more intensive feeding, for example, you can use the balm with royal jelly and propolis .
Evening session hygiene should be supplemented by special procedures for the lips:
- Make a kind of peeling skin using a fine abrasive substances (coffee, sugar) or a soft toothbrush.
- Apply to the lips a mixture of butter with natural flower honey (ingredients are mixed in equal proportions), rub with your fingertips.
- Wait until the bulk will be absorbed into the skin and remove the excess and then cloth or cotton pad.
Most lipsticks and balms from leading cosmetic brands:
- Toitbel Lip Balm Sensitive. Balsam is based on whey, has a very soft texture. The product is suitable even for very sensitive skin.
- Aveda. Chapstick with extracts of fruit and vegetables, as well as extracts of peppermint and vanilla. Perfectly moisturizes the skin of the lips, it helps heal cracks.
- Clinique Intensive Lip Treatment Repairwear. Balm quickly restores skin of the lips, their surface becomes soft, smooth and hydrated.
- Vichy Aqualia Thermal Lips. Lipstick nourishes lips, soothes irritation, removes dryness. It is quickly absorbed, leaving a light sheen.
- Clarins Baume Levres Reparateur. The best option in the cold season. Balm lip covers tightly, forming a protective film simultaneously moisturizes and softens the skin.
- Payot Hydratation Protection Levres. Moisturizing Balm instantly eliminates dry, taut skin. Well it moisturizes and maintains the effect for a long time.
- Givenshy Hydra Sparkling As part of this tool -. Oil loofah and hyaluronic acid, thus balm quickly and effectively restores the damaged surface of the lips, heals minor damage. Moreover, the product hydrates the skin perfectly.
- Babor Anti-Wrinkle Booster for Lips. This balm is unique because it has an effect not only on the lips, but also the skin around them. The tool almost instantly moisturizes, nourishes and makes the lips smooth and soft surface.