Bite - a position of the teeth of the upper jaw relative to the lower (between teeth). Many people have never thought about this, but some have to now think that is right and wrong bite, and unfortunately, to eliminate this problem. Often, it is revealed as a child during the first visits to the dentist, which tells parents that the child needs to be corrected bite. But many of them do not find this a problem, and think that the baby will grow, and eventually it becomes a problem already matured person, though, as practice shows, the best bite is corrected in childhood and adolescence, when the body is formed.
Consequences of malocclusion
At first glance it seems that this is only an aesthetic problem, as expressed in an imperfect smile. But in fact, malocclusion bears and practical damage that manifests itself only with time:
- Periodontal disease. Due to the fact that when chewing food occurs uneven load on the teeth, they become loose over time, may occur between the gaps, and accordingly, 40 years will need to spend more time in the dentist's chair than before.
- The problem with the temporo-mandibular joints. Again, because of the uneven loading during chewing, the joints attaching the jaw to the temporal bone, may eventually make a clicking noise when open his mouth wide, and in the worst case, such a position of the dentition resulting in headaches.
- Aesthetic problem. For many people this place is just as important as the health of your teeth, because the emotional state due to more satisfactory appearance. When malocclusion profile of a man may look less attractive, as well as a smile.
Treatment of malocclusion
Before you decide to correct malocclusion, we must understand that this is a lengthy process (at least several years), which requires not only the periodic expenditure of money, but also endurance: changes in the dentition situation is not going smoothly, although the pain is not very pronounced, but regular.
Also, before you treat malocclusion, you need to perfectly understand that you need to find a good orthodontist, you will attend at least 1 time per month.
Although the correction of malocclusion can be performed in several ways (including surgery or exercise), we will focus on the "golden mean", which allows not to go under the surgeon's knife, and do not waste time on ineffective exercise. We are talking about braces or plates.
Their mode of exposure is the same, the only difference is in the price and potential adaptations: braces expensive, but using them can make a near perfect set of teeth, and the plate is cheaper, but at the same time, some defects, they can not "turn" in perfection.
Treatment begins with a general examination and taking plaster casts of the dentition, which is done by correcting the product. Then, when it is ready, the plate or braces are beginning to install, and then every 2-3 weeks is necessary to visit a doctor for braces. Sometimes adjusting the period reached 2 months, it just depends on which way and how the tooth is corrected.
Types of malocclusion
Malocclusion of teeth has 6 types:
- Dystopia. In this case, the teeth are arranged in the dentition is not in place. The reason for this situation is often a narrow jaw and wide teeth, and some of them are growing on top of the other, protruding slightly forward.
- Cross bite. In this case, one of the jaw is underdeveloped.
- . Most of the open bite of the teeth in this case, do not close either the upper or lower jaw is much wider than the other.
- Deep bite. In this case, the upper teeth more than a third overlapping the lower.
- Mesial occlusion. The nomination of the lower jaw forward.
- Distal bite. It becomes a problem or hypoplasia of the mandible, or excessive value of the top.
These symptoms malocclusion can be expressed in varying degrees and combined with each other.
Causes of malocclusion
There are two main reasons because of which formed malocclusion: genetics and experienced in childhood diseases, which violated the breathing process. For too long, the use of pacifiers in childhood also leads to malocclusion as a narrow jaw.