The flux in the gums
In medicine, there is such a thing as an abscess - this is the official name of the disease, which is popularly known as flux. This purulent inflammation at the root of the tooth, which can not be disregarded because of possible severe consequences. Therefore, if you have a suspicion of flux, then immediately consult your dentist. In the meantime, let's see, what is accompanied by symptoms of the disease, its causes, and how to remove the flux.
Symptoms of flux on the gums
Flux are main symptoms:
- External displays. Redness of the gums, the appearance of her purulent sac, swelling of the cheeks.
- Internal symptoms. Pain in the tooth at pressing or quiet state, which can be given in the neck, spread across the jaw and affect the head. Increased body temperature and general weakness.
Also important is the fact that the laceration bag of pus condition may slightly improve and the patient feels that recovers, but due to the fact that the cause is, there will soon again relapse.
Causes of flux on the gums
To know how to get rid of flux, it is necessary to understand the reasons. And the causes of flux is not so much:
- Inflammation of the gum pocket.
- Long progressive decay when bacteria begin to attack the root of the tooth already.
- Dental trauma in which bone inflammation occurs or a hematoma formed.
Flux - a way to rid the body of bacteria, so the treatment will be directed mainly to their destruction and removal of inflammation.How to treat the flux on the gums: working in three directions
Flux Treatment on the gum consists of several points: first, the doctor will remove the bacteria in the place of their location, and then in the struggle for the recovery of drugs is connected with the local disinfection - rinsing the mouth.
1. The dentist's office. The doctor, under local anesthesia foresees cleaning the gums and bone tissue via the gingival incision, if the flux has been confirmed. Through the incision pus out, and in case he does not completely come out, the doctor puts on a special tooth rubber bandage, which will not allow the gums to grow together. Place lesions treated with antibacterial mixtures for disinfection. To get rid of the source of the bacteria, the doctor can remove the tooth if it is in poor condition, and if not, then after the doctor removes pus drainage and sews up the gum.
2. Use of medication. At this stage, the flux treated with antibiotics, anti-inflammatory and swelling in strong antihistamines.
Antibiotics should be prescribed by a doctor, as these are serious drugs and their use is necessary in a specific pattern that is selected individually: it can be tsifran, ampioks, amoxiclav, lincomycin, and others.
As an anti-inflammatory drug prescribed medicines containing ibuprofen or nimesudil: have nimesil.
Among the antihistamines choice stops on the second-generation group: Cetirizine, Claritin, etc.
3. Local treatment: what to rinse flux At first, the need to maintain the cleanliness of the oral cavity, the bacteria again attacked the vulnerability?. To do this rinsing of chamomile, sage, as well as hydrogen peroxide. The liquid should not be hot or cold -
Is there a cure flux in the home?
In most cases, if the flux formed, one does not know on the gums, what to do and looking for ways to self-deliverance from the problem without the intervention of a doctor. When the flux is unacceptable behavior, because the home no fixtures, no conditions, to provide the necessary help ourselves.
The only thing you can do is to rinse the mouth with a decoction of St. John's wort and sage, if you have time before going to the doctor.