Brown spots on the face - Causes
Liver spots are flat round or oval areas of different sizes, different from the rest of the surface of the skin a darker color - from light gray and yellowish to dark brown. Most often they are localized in the open areas of the body, namely, on the face than a very sorrowful women. This pigmentation can appear at any age, but are most susceptible to the emergence of such a cosmetic defect in women during menopause , elderly, pregnant and lactating.
The formation of pigment spots associated with a complex biological process in which increased production of melanin pigment in the skin, and there is its accumulation. This would happen as a result of various factors - both external and internal. And before you get rid of excessive pigmentation, you should find out the root cause of its occurrence.
The main causes of age spots on the face in women
Exposure to solar radiation - the main reason why in the summer on the face appear dark spots, because UV light activates the production of melanin. Of particular risk is prolonged sun exposure during periods of increased solar activity, as well as sunbathing for fair-skinned women. But sometimes, the ultraviolet rays are not the only reason for the appearance of age spots, but only provoke their appearance on the background of the impact of other causal factors.
The second frequency group of factors - disease:
- gastrointestinal tract;
- the female reproductive system.
In these pathologies are often observed violation of skin pigmentation, so the appearance of pigment spots may signal a hidden disease.
Other causes of age spots on the face
Diseases of the endocrine system may also be accompanied by the appearance of dark spots on the skin. Most often this is due to:
- pituitary insufficiency;
- Basedow's disease ;
- pituitary tumors.
Hormonal disorders - during pregnancy, menopause, during adolescence, in the treatment of hormonal drugs. Fluctuations in hormone levels in the body can affect the process of melanin production and distribution in the skin.
Also for the development of hyperpigmentation affect:
- Inflammation (allergic rash, acne) and violation of the integrity of the skin (cuts, burns, bad peeling) also lead to the formation of areas of increased pigmentation. This is due to activation of melanin as a protective skin reaction.
- The use of cosmetic and pharmaceutical preparations containing increasing photosensitivity of chemicals causes an increased sensitivity of the skin to UV rays, which ultimately can lead to hyperpigmentation. Such agents include retinoic acid, lime oil, bergamot oil, synthetic perfumes, antibiotics, certain diuretics, antihistamines, etc.
- Chronic stress, nervous disorders - the possible reasons for the formation of pigment spots.
- Lack of vitamins in the body, which violates the metabolism. In particular, the pigmentation may occur due to a lack of vitamin C.
As already mentioned, the treatment of age spots should be performed after ascertaining the reasons for their formation. This may require the consultation of various specialists: a dermatologist, internist, endocrinologist, gastroenterologist, gynecologist. If the disease is detected, which could serve as a possible precipitating factor, then, first of all, measures are taken to
- chemical peels;
- laser therapy;
- mesotherapy and others.
At home, perhaps the use of special bleaching agents.