Diet for hypothyroidism
Hypothyroidism is an unpleasant disease of the thyroid gland, which is characterized by insufficient quantity of hormones and, consequently, slowing metabolism, weight gain, inhibition of mental processes, and much more. The disease is rarely detected at an early stage, and treatment usually takes quite difficult. To relieve symptoms and return to normal life, you can use the diet for hypothyroidism, which will feel better in a few weeks. Consider its basic principles.
Clinical nutrition in hypothyroidism: a list of prohibitions
Hypothyroidism thyroid gland requires a diet that does not prevent the production of hormones. It is believed that there is a group of antithyroid products that stimulate the production of estrogen and other hormones oppress. While this view has not received official confirmation, but just in case, better to exclude from the diet in hypothyroidism following products:
- soybeans and soy products;
- polyunsaturated fats (omega-3 and omega-6, contained in fish oil, sunflower seeds, vegetable oils, almonds, peanuts, avocado).
If the expense of soybean and sugar all is clear, it's polyunsaturated fats are controversial, because they are essential and very important for the average person. However, in the diet it offered its own alternative to this.
Diet for hypothyroidism
Proper nutrition in hypothyroidism is based on a few simple principles, under which you will be able to greatly relieve the symptoms of diseases and perhaps with time and does get rid of them. Incidentally, it is worth noting that the official medicine usually does not appoint a special diet, in this case, however, such measures are justified. So, what should be included in the diet of hypothyroidism?
- Meat, poultry (beef, turkey in the first place). It is important to get moderate amounts of saturated fats, which are contained in the meat of animals and birds. These materials will help you to control the level of sugar in the blood and reduce the production of stress hormones.
- Fruits (bananas, pears, apples, etc.). Fruits are rich in potassium, which serves to reduce stress hormone levels, bringing you good location and good spirits.
- Broth from the bones (beef, pork). Broth from meat on the bone, beef or pork, perfectly helps maintain thyroid health, while not burdening the stomach. In addition, these soups are famous anti-inflammatory effect.
- Seafood. It is no secret that iodine is an essential element for thyroid health. None of the food additive does not give you as much good as a portion of shrimp, squid and mussels.
- Coffee. Despite the fact that most diets reject the coffee, hypothyroidism diet it welcomes. It is this noble drink keeps the thyroid gland because of the B vitamins and a sufficient amount of magnesium. Enough to drink one cup every few days, too zealous with it not worth it.
Hypothyroidism requires limited power even in such an important element like water. It is recommended that a total of tea and soup to eat up to 1.5 liters per day, in order not to provoke the swelling and other troubles.
Most importantly, it must be acknowledged - is the fact that hypothyroidism is a serious disease to initially refuse to self-medication. Do not take any drugs illegally or additives, for example, the same iodine, as this disease is not always caused by its deficiency, and an overabundance of any substance in the body gives an unpleasant effect.